- Our seitan will stay fresh in the vacuum packs in the fridge for at least 4 weeks after the date of manufacture
- Once out of the vacuum pack wrap it in cling film and store it in an airtight container in the fridge where it will keep fresh for a week or so
- Our seitan can be frozen as follows:
- In the vacuum pack – defrost slowly before use in the fridge
- Once out of the vacuum pack you can freeze it in cling film or a food storage container. Defrost it slowly (in the fridge) and use as normal or, if you have sliced or cut the seitan up before freezing it you can cook it from frozen e.g. in a stir fry
- Our seitan can be eaten straight from the pack for example, sliced in a sandwich
- Slices of seitan can be lightly fried with a little oil to crisp it up a little and really bring the flavour out. Be careful not to overdo it, no more than a few minutes each side until it starts to brown.
- Blocks of seitan can be roasted but, as seitan has very little fat, be careful not to overdo it. It is a good idea to wrap it in foil and roast it at 180 dec C for no more than 15 mins for a full loaf, 10 mins for a half loaf. Take the foil off for the last few minutes of cooking if you want to crisp up the outer layer
- Slices or cubes of seitan are delicious in a stir fry or a curry.
- Grated seitan can be lightly fried for a perfect filling for a burrito
For more information check out the serving suggestions.