- 150g Simply Seitan, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Thumb of ginger, grated
- 100g ramen noodles
- 300ml stock
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pak choi, halved lengthways
- 1 heaped tsp miso (optional)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes to serve
- Put the seitan into a bowl with the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Stir to coat the seitan, then set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per the packet instructions and set aside.
- Once the seitan has marinated, pop into a saucepan and add the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until fragrant. You can add a little more water here if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan (or a frying pan with a little oil) and cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes, or until soft. Push to one side of the pan and add the pak choi, inside face down. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the pak choi starts to char. Flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the miso paste to the stock and stir until dissolved. Then add the noodles, mushrooms, pak choi, carrot and spring onions and bring back to a simmer. Divide between two bowls and top with a pinch of chilli flakes if desired.
Don’t miss out.
Never miss an update. Subscribe to our newsletter.