Creating a Seitan Arribiata is the ideal way to enjoy our seitan in a spicy sauce.
“Arrabiata” itself is a spicy sauce for pasta made from garlic, tomatoes, red chili peppers all cooked in olive oil. Arrabiata literally means “angry” in Italian; the name of the sauce refers to the spiciness of the chili peppers.
150g LoveSeitan Chilli and Garlic pieces
Fresh or dried vegan pasta
1 red onion, diced
1 tblsp of Olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
2 tbsp tomato puree
Vegan parmesan or other vegetarian hard cheese
Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Chopped red chilli
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add the diced onion, cook until soft but not brown.
3. Add the fresh chilli and cook for one minute
4. Add the LoveSeitan Chilli and Garlic pieces, cook until lightly browned
5. Add tomato puree until seitan pieces are coated
6. Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken
7. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir
8. Sprinkle with grated vegan parmesan, the chopped parsley and a grinding of fresh black pepper
9. Serve with garlic bread and a watercress and rocket side salad If Chilli is not your thing, substitute LoveSeitan Chilli and Garlic with LoveSeitan Italian Herb pieces.