This is a simple but delicious take on an established dish. Our Funky Chyck’n seitan works perfectly with this dish, but our Chilli & Garlic would work equally well. There’s minimum prep time, it shouldn’t take much more than 30 mins from start to finish.
- Singapore Noodles
- LoveSeitan Funky Chyck’n 1kg Log
- Medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp of sesame seed sil
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 large red pepper
- 1/2 large yellow pepper
- 1/2 large orange pepper
- Long stemmed broccoli
- Red Chilli
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Prepare the singapore noodles following the instructions on the pack. Once cooked, drain and leave in pan.
- Gently fry the onions and garlic in the sesame seed oil (3-4 mins).
- Once soft, add the curry powder and allow to cook on medium heat for 5 mins, to release the spices, mixing regularly.
- Add the soy sauce, the rice wine vinegar and the sugar and cook for a further minute.
- Add all the vegetables, reduce the heat and cover allowing to soften for approx 10 mins.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut four of five seitan slices approx 5mm thick, and then cut the slices into strips. Gently fry the seitan strips in a little oil, turning occasionally, until they begin to brown (approx 4 mins).
- Add the noodles to the vegetables, stir thoroughly but gently, add the seitan strips then serve with coriander and red chilli for garnish.
<< Back to Recipes