Combine small pieces of seitan with a rich tomato sauce to create a tasty, authentic Spaghetti Bolognese vegan style!
- Approx 150g of Seitan
- A Packet of Spaghetti (500g)
- 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tin chopped Italian tomatoes
- 400g water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until soft and caramelised.
- Add the garlic and parsley (leaving a small amount for garnish) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic is soft.
- Once everything has softened nicely, add the tomato paste and work into the softened ingredients.
- Add the tinned tomatoes then refill the empty tin with water and add to the pan.
- Put spaghetti on to boil following the instructions on the pack.
- Whilst this is cooking prepare your seitan by chopping very finely or grating on a coarse grater to resemble a mince like texture.
- Add to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and combine with the Seitan Bolognese sauce.
- Serve immediately sprinkling over the remaining parsley. Add grated Vegan Parmesan cheese to taste.
<< Back to Recipes